Friday, July 10, 2015

Getting Back on Track with the Daniel Plan



My current focus is on eating healthy, good-for-you foods.  Our church recently went through the Daniel Plan program and both my husband and I lost weight and felt great.  Then we quit eating right and reverted back to eating processed foods because they were easier and going through drive-thru fast food restaurants because - well, because it's easier.

Eating right involves some extra time to prepare meals.  I means cooking. I don't like to cook!

The result of our going back to our old ways?  My husband caught a cold about 6 months after we went off our diet, so we made a trip to the doctor's office. They had him step on the scale (for a cold!).  We were ushered into the examining room. The the doctor's assistant took his vitals and began entering them into the computer.  Suddenly she said, "You've gained 30 pounds since you were last in here!"

I don't think she meant to say it as loud as she did, because her face turned really red.  So did my husbands.

On the way home, we realized that the last time he was in the doctor's office was while we were on the Daniel Plan and eating healthy.

All that to say - I'm going back on the plan, and I'm so excited, because I just learned that the Daniel Plan Cookbook is just 99 cents right now on Amazon. (Kindle Version Only)  I snagged my copy. Why don't you grab one, too?  Don't worry if you don't have a Kindle, you can download their free app and read it on your computer.

Here's a link: http://www.amazon.com/Daniel-Plan-Cookbook-Healthy-Eating-ebook/dp/B00DQURKIQ

I'll probably be sharing some pictures and recipes of things I make, both from the book and some of my own recipes, so drop by again soon.

PS - Yes, I have regained some of the weight I had lost on the Daniel Plan, too, but not as much as a certain someone I know. :)

-------------------------------------
Copyright 2015. More of Him Less of Me. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment