Thursday, July 9, 2015

God's Work Under Destruction

Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food!  Romans 14:20

This verse stopped me in my tracks one day! I am sure the Lord put it in the Bible just for those of us who struggle with our weight (or any other controlling issue, for that matter).

As I thought about this verse, I started to list all the "works of God" that would take place in my life if I didn't let overeating interfere.

Here's my list...
  • I would look better
  • I would feel better, both physically and emotionally
  • I would be able to keep my blood sugar levels (I have diabetes) under control.
  • I would have the stamina to participate in athletic activities once again
  • I would be an example to to others of God's power to deliver from addiction to food
  • I would enjoy the blessings which result from obedience to God
  • I would be gain more self-control in other areas of my life
  • I would experience a closer walk with God
  • My faith would increase, so that I could believe God has the power to break other strongholds in my life
Wow! All that could be destroyed by my refusal to properly nourish and exercise my body. There is no food in the world worth messing up the work God can do in my life if I just eat right. (Not even that pink frosted doughnut!)

There are 3 stages in the work of God:
Impossible, Difficult, Done.
~James Hudson Taylor

-------------------------------------
Copyright 2015. More of Him Less of Me. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

  1. Yup! It's absolutely worth it to take better care of ourselves for Him and for us.
    I like the tips and quotes, too, especially this ending quote.

    ReplyDelete