Thursday, July 9, 2015

Introduction to More of Him Less of Me


More of Him Less of Me began in the personal journals of writer/author Jan Christiansen as she spent daily time with the Lord, writing down truths from His Word that encouraged her to draw on His strength for her daily life.  In 1998, God opened a door for some of her journal entries to be published as More of Him Less of Me and Desert Morsels. Those particular entries dealt with Jan's experience with weight loss and have encouraged many.

The original More of Him Less website and blog were discontinued in 2000 as Jan's life became very busy, however lately folks have been contacting Jan about her books. After careful prayer and consideration, Jan has revised the site and is excited about sharing the Word and her heart with those who want More of Him - not just physically as we learn to honor God by taking care of our bodies, but in all areas of life where fleshly desires, thoughts, attitudes and behaviors interfere with our relationship with God.

A note from Jan:

Hi everyone!  I'm a pretty down to earth gal, so posts to this blog will be simple and straight-forward. I'll share with you what I'm learning as I strain toward gaining more of Christ's character while letting go of those things in my life that are not pleasing God. That's not an easy task, and like you, I work daily at surrendering myself more and more to His will.

I hope my words will encourage, inspire and motivate you to take another step closer to God.  I will be praying for all who visit this blog, so if you're reading this...you're being prayed for!


PS: In case you're wondering, yes, I still struggle with eating right and taking care of my body. I'm so glad God is patient with us, aren't you?

6 comments:

  1. So glad to see you doing this. God is good and he loves us ALL the time. I look forward to reading your posts. You are a great encourager and you always keep pointing us right to God!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet words of encouragement, Joy.

      Delete
  2. Jan!! So glad you decided to do this!!! The Lord has definitely blessed you with the ability to encourage and to help us to apply God's Word to our lives as women.
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts through this blog.
    From one Jan to another :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay - another Jan! I've been thinking about this for a while, but it was a couple of email from people who had "hunted me down" after reading one of my books that prompted me to launch the website and blog. I love encouraging others, so I'm having a blast. Thanks for your kind words, Jan. Hope to hear from you again, soon.

      Delete
  3. Hi Jan, I'm only on day 3 of your more of him less of me book. But I have one verse to add to your Instrumental poem. Here goes: my thoughts turn no more to rationalize that bite; but rather towards the Excellent, Pure, Admirable and only what is Right

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Thanks for dropping by and leaving me a note. Praying for your right choices. Hugs - Jan

    ReplyDelete