Monday, July 13, 2015

The Best Laid Plans

 In my last post, I talked about getting back on the Daniel Plan.  I went to Sprouts, stocked up on all things good for you, pulled out my new Daniel Plan Workout DVDs and promised myself I would start working out the next morning.

Don't let this innocent little face fool you. He's dangerous!
Unfortunately, the next morning didn't go as planned.  I went to the kitchen for something and glanced out the window to see an ABC channel 5 news van in the parking lot of our mobile home park.  I looked around for something going on that would be newsworthy enough to bring a them to our quiet little neighborhood. Didn't see a thing.

Being the curious type that I am (some might call it nosey), I decided to step out to get a better look. I guess our little dog, Max, was curious, too, because he shot out the door behind me and got tangled up in my feet as I was taking the first step down off the porch. I felt myself falling and grabbed for the stair railing. As my body twisted around I prayed, "Lord, let this puny little aluminum railing hold." 

It did hold, but I landed hard on the steps and heard myself yell, "OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHH!" (I was so glad that I didn't yell anything worse.)

I sat there stunned, waiting for the incredible pain in my leg to subside.  I had a gouge out of my shin with a quickly rising goose egg under it, a twisted and sore elbow, but the worst was my outer thigh where I had landed on the sharp metal edge of the stairs.

To make a long story short, I didn't break anything, but I couldn't walk on my right leg that day. Was barely able to walk on it the next, but it's getting better. Today, it's still sore, but I can walk on it. Amazingly, there is no bruising.

Needless to say, I have not been able to start working out yet, but I decided to go right ahead and begin my healthy eating plan and after 3 days, my body thanked me by dropping 2 pounds. Better than that, I woke up this morning feeling light and full of energy.  It's incredible how quickly your body rewards you for feeding it healthy foods.  I haven't felt this good in a long time!

"So, whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31

-------------------------------------
Copyright 2015. More of Him Less of Me. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment