Thursday, July 9, 2015

We Begin the Journey

"Then they said to him, "Please inquire of God to learn whether our journey will be successful."  The priest answered them, "Go in peace. Your journey has the Lord's approval."  Judges 18:5-6

Don't you wish you could know whether or not you have the Lord's approval before you begin any new endeavor?  I do. That would keep me out of so much trouble!

The good news is that on my journey to have More of Him, Less of Me, I don't have to wonder whether I have the Lord's approval - I know that it's His will for me to be more like Jesus and less like the old me - the one who wants her own way all the time, the one who has problems with submitting my will to His, the one who drags her feet when He points out a habit I need to give up.

I know this is his will, because Ephesians 4:22-24 says...
 "You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness."
 God makes it very clear that we are to leave behind our old ways and pursue a life that pleases him. We are to be righteous and holy.

Holy cow! That's a tall order. I have a bit of trouble thinking of myself as righteous and holy. How about you?

But then I read...

"God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God." 2 Corinthians 5:21

...and I see that In Him (in Christ) we become righteous.

And holiness? I Peter 1:16 says...
"for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy."
 Are you kidding me? How can I hope to attain holiness?

I looked up the word "holy" in the Greek (yeah, I'm a geek like that) and the original word is "hagios," which means - set apart for God, to be, as it were, exclusively his.

I can get behind that!  I do want to be set apart for Him - exclusively His!  If that's you, too, then we have a lot in common and I'm proud to be walking along side you on this journey to see More of Him and Less of Me.

Please feel free to leave a comment, now and let me know that we're in this together. :)


"The more we appropriate God into our lives
the more progress we make on the 
road of Christian godliness and holiness." 
~Madame Jeanne Guyan

-------------------------------------
Copyright 2015. More of Him Less of Me. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

  1. Yes! I'm in! I want more holiness - more of Him and less of me! Blessings to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're in this together, Joy and we can spur one another on to good works!

      Delete