Friday, August 14, 2015

Healthier, Fitter, Faster, Stronger!




I did it - got up at 6:00am every day this week and worked out. Usually a mile walk and 15-20 minute arm workout with weights.  While I've never enjoyed exercise, I have to say that it feels good to know that I was consistent with it this week and that I have noticed a difference in my energy level and how my clothes fit. They're looser and more comfortable.  I feel lighter.

The scale, however, is not cooperating.  It says I've gained 2 pounds this week. I am not happy about that.

Have you ever notice this same trend in your spiritual life?  You set a goal to spend time with God each morning, reading your Bible and praying. You follow through and you feel good about that. You enjoy your time with Him, but you're not seeing any visible results...in fact, your daily circumstances may seem to have gotten a bit worse.

Don't sweat it - and don't give up. Consistency will make us healthy and stronger, whether it's in the physical realm or the spiritual realm. If we just keep going, we will reap the benefits of our efforts.

How about you?  Will you be starting (or restarting) any healthy habits this week?  If so, please post a comment and me know what your goals are and I'll pray for you through out the week.

We are... STRONG IN HIM!

-------------------------------------
Copyright 2015. More of Him Less of Me. All rights reserved.
Unless otherwise noted, all images are used by permission from rgbstock.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment