Saturday, August 6, 2016

Doing well - how about you?

You know what they say - the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry.

My plan back in April was to post regularly on this blog, however, in May I learned that my Mom had to have open heart surgery, so I packed up my bags pronto and headed to Ohio for a couple of months to help her during her recovery. I got back in July and I'm just now getting caught up on everything.

The good news is that since I last posted, I've lost 5 pounds. I know that doesn't seem like a lot in 3 months, but it's huge for me.  I tend to lose weight very slowly and that tends to make me want to give up. I haven't given up!  In fact, I'm feeling stronger than ever about getting healthy.

I've started a workout program and I'm eating sensibly. This is a plan that is sustainable for life, so I think I've found a winner. Not really following any program, just doing what I should have been doing all along.

Eating healthy foods in reasonable portions and moving my body more and praying - lots of praying.

If you're working on your health, I'd love to know how you're doing and I'll add you to my prayer list.
 
------------------------------------
Copyright 2016. More of Him Less of Me. All rights reserved.
Unless otherwise noted, all images are used by permission from rgbstock.com or pixabay.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment