Thursday, August 18, 2016

God Simplified My Diet

I've dieted so many times over the past 50 years. (Started when I was 14 and I'll be 64 tomorrow.) I've lost lots of weight and every time it was a real struggle. My thoughts were constantly on food - mostly on what I "couldn't" eat.

When I started this journey again a few months ago, I was on a diet plan that had me eating 5 "meals" a day and doing "carb cycling". Within a week or so, it once again became a struggle to figure out what I should eat and not eat.

During my quiet time a couple of weeks ago, I expressed my frustration to God about all this diet stuff that's stuck up in my head and how it cripples me when I try to eat right. Carbs? Calories? Protein? Raw? Vegan? Paleo? I'm sure you all can relate.

Here's what I sensed the Lord speaking back to me... (I journal my prayers and write down anything I sense God speaking to me.)

I have given you food as a blessing, not something to agonize over. Think nourishment and pleasure, and eat those things that supply both. Enjoy food as a blessing from me.
My comment back to Him...

 I want to be healthy, Lord. Show me how.
His reply...

  • Keep healthy stuff in the house
  • Eat only when hungry
  • Eat mindfully
  • Allow your food to digest before eating again
  • Offer up thanks for your food
  • Build up your body physically just as you build yourself up spiritually
  • FORGET EVERYTHING ELSE!
 It couldn't get much easier than that. By applying those directives, I've been able to take off another 5 pounds. At 10 pounds weight loss right now. Haven't felt deprived or hungry.

God is sooooo smart!

-------------------------------------
Copyright 2016. More of Him Less of Me. All rights reserved.
Unless otherwise noted, all images are used by permission from rgbstock.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment