Thursday, September 22, 2016

A Little Bit Fit

This is my Fitbit.  I got it a few weeks ago and love it!  Since I retired about 5 years ago, I've pretty much been sitting on my butt in front of the computer. I still work part-time, writing for my church as well as writing blogs, devotionals and working on fiction.  While it keeps me busy, and I enjoy it, writing is a pretty sedentary occupation.

When I got my Fitbit, I set my daily steps goal at 5,000. They recommend 10,000 per day, but I thought I should start with a goal I might be able to reach.  For the first week or two, I hit it every day. Just when I was thinking I should up my goal, I hit a slump.  I didn't go to the mall and walk and I was only getting in about 1000-1500 steps a day.  Wasn't really eating right, either and guess what...that's when I gained 3 pounds back. Do you think there's any correlation between less activity, wrong food selections and gaining weight?  Hmmmm?

Well, I'm happy to say I'm back on track. I'm up to 7,600 steps today. That's 3.1 miles and 89 minutes of walking.  Time to up my goal to 10,000. I know that's doubling it, but I'm tired of being just a little bit fit!

How about you? Do you have a Fitbit or similar device? Are you reaching your goals?


-------------------------------------

Copyright 2016. More of Him Less of Me. All rights reserved.
Unless otherwise noted, all images are used by permission from rgbstock.com or pixabay.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment