Thursday, September 15, 2016

One Pound at a Time


I know you're not supposed to weigh every day, but I do. I get so excited when I'm down a pound, but then my weight will fluctuate - up a pound, down a pound. I've lost 3 more pounds in the past few weeks, but it's been a real roller coaster ride.

It helps me to weigh. I set my sights on the next lowest number and fight until I finally see it come up on the scale. I do a little happy dance, even though I know that I will see the scale fluctuate a pound or two up and down until it finally settles on the lower number for a few days, then I start working for the next lower number.

For instance, I got a sneak peak at 164 last week. The next day, I was at 166, the next 165.5, the next 166, then next, 165, then 164 for two days in a row. Now, I'm aiming for 163.

It's easier for me to concentrate on the next pound, rather than the 24 pounds I still have to go.

How about you? Do you weigh every day? Do fluctuations discourage and set you back or spur you on?


-------------------------------------
Copyright 2016. More of Him Less of Me. All rights reserved.
Unless otherwise noted, all images are used by permission from rgbstock.com or pixabay.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment