Saturday, September 17, 2016

This is NOT easy!

Lest you think this eating right thing is easy for me, let me share the last two day with you. My last post (on the 15th) celebrated my 13 pound weight loss, so what happened the next day? My appetite went haywire. Seriously - haywire. I wanted to eat things I haven't been craving in a long time and unfortunately, I have to confess that I gave in to them. Chocolate, potato chips & white toast with apple butter.

This morning I thought I'd jump right back on track with my eating and everything would be fine. That might have worked if I didn't have 1/2 of a large Hershey bar laying on the counter. (My fault, I whined to my hubby that I wanted chocolate. He rushed right out and bought me a Hershey bar - a giant one! I only wanted a little one.) Anyway, there it was, calling my name, so I ate it. Then a few chips.

Just now I was sitting in front of the TV thinking I want cake, no I want ice cream. In the past, if I've already blown it, I just keep eating until bedtime, which is still a few hours away. Instead, I decided to call a fast until bedtime. That sounds weird. A 3 hour fast?  Why not just decide not to eat anymore tonight? And aren't they the same things?

No - deciding not to eat would involve wrestling with myself until bedtime. Fasting is me offering my cravings/appetite up to God as a sacrifice for the next 3 hours. This makes all the difference in the world to me.

I wish everyday were successful eating days, but they're not. Thankfully, God is there the minute I remember to turn to Him for strength. I just have to learn to do it sooner!

I'm sure I'll have a pound or two to re-lose, but that's okay. I'm in this for the long haul.

Anyone else struggle like this?

Please don't give up. Let's do this together!


-------------------------------------

Copyright 2016. More of Him Less of Me. All rights reserved.
Unless otherwise noted, all images are used by permission from rgbstock.com or pixabay.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment