Sunday, September 18, 2016

Time to Get Cookin'

Time to get cookin'!
My niece, Nancy, told me about GoTandem yesterday. It's an app that delivers encouragement from the scriptures, which are tailored to where you are spiritually. After downloading it, you answer a few quick questions and your messages are customized for your needs.

So, today I received this message:

"Lazy people don't even cook the game they catch, but the diligent make use of everything they find." Proverbs 12:27 (NLT)

I had to laugh, because just yesterday, Lee and I were talking about how we buy healthy stuff, but then we don't cook it. Sometimes I'm embarrassed by the amount of vegetables that go bad in my refrigerator. We decided that we just need to knuckle down and cook more often. Then God sends that verse my way.

When GoTandem sends you a verse, it also asks a thought-provoking question related to the verse and provides a place for you to write notes.  This morning's note to self was...

Jan, don't be lazy. Cook healthy meals. Be diligent and purposeful in eating right.

I love how God gets personal with us and He usually does it in a way that makes me laugh!

How about you? Does God do this kind of stuff with you, too?

PS: Remember how I told you in yesterday's post that I'd probably have a pound or 2 to lose after eating so poorly for the last two days?  Yeah - I was up 3 pounds this morning. This is like digging a big hole, filling it part way up again and then having to shovel it all back out. That's okay, though. I'll dig it out again and then I'll dig even deeper!


-------------------------------------

Copyright 2016. More of Him Less of Me. All rights reserved.
Unless otherwise noted, all images are used by permission from rgbstock.com or pixabay.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment