Saturday, October 1, 2016

Somebody stop me before I kill it!

 I'll just come out and say it - I'm mad!

Last week I upped my daily step goal to 10,000 (weekdays).  This week I walked 62,642 steps, 15,000 on my best day, 25 miles, and what did I get for my efforts? A lousy 1 pound weight loss over the past 2 weeks, and that was 1 pound of the 3 pounds I had put back on after this happened.

Seriously, I walked my butt off this week and I've been watching what I eat carefully and I've even been making healthy meals at home - a big pot of veggie soup one day and a teriyaki chicken with steamed veggies another. Watched my portions, drank protein shakes for many of my meals and just one lousy pound to show for all of it!

I'm sure you've all been there - that nasty plateau that can be so frustrating you wonder if it's all worth it. Hang in there, honey. If we keep pushing, keep doing what we know is good for us and healthy for our bodies, we will get stronger, healthier and thinner - it's a promise...

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9
So, this week I'll get up at 6:00 each morning and hit the mall by 7:00, knock off at least 8,000 steps and then finish off the last 2,000 throughout the day. I'll eat right, pray for God's blessings on my efforts and look forward to the day when I reap that harvest.

How about you? How do you handle it when you hit a plateau?


-------------------------------------

Copyright 2016. More of Him Less of Me. All rights reserved.
Unless otherwise noted, all images are used by permission from rgbstock.com or pixabay.com.

2 comments:

  1. It's always a struggle...the plateaus are the pits...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perseverance has to be the answer, right? Thanks for stopping by, Shirley.

      Delete